Benefits of Membership in the Responsible Minerals Initiative
Thank you for your interest in the Responsible Minerals Initiative. Founded in 2008 by members of the Responsible Business Alliance and the Global e-Sustainability Initiative, the Responsible Minerals Initiative has grown into one of the most utilized and respected resources for companies addressing responsible sourcing issues.
RMI Membership is open to RBA members, non-members, associations, and vendors who support the objectives of the RMI and whose primary purpose of joining the initiative is the implementation of minerals supply chain due diligence.
The RMI has three member types:
- Partner members - individual companies that use or transact in raw materials.
- Association members - associations of companies that use or transact in raw materials.
- Vendor members - companies that provide goods and/or services for use by RMI member companies.Vendor members are those companies that do not meet the partner member category requirements. Vendor members are not eligible for RMI membership through association members.
Members are required to accept an Agreement on the Exchange of Confidential Information (AECI) upon the approval of their application form. Please click here to see a sample AECI. Our membership period runs on a calendar year basis, January to December. Companies signing up in the last quarter of the year (October 1 onwards) receive three months free and are automatically enrolled for the next calendar year term.
Partner Member Benefits
- Access to Reasonable Country of Origin (RCOI) data associated with smelters and refiners that are validated through the Responsible Minerals Assurance Process. RCOI data provides access to mineral sourcing countries, which can support companies' decisions and disclosures to affirmatively support responsible souring from conflict affected and high-risk areas.
- Access to the RMI's Smelter Database with information about thousands of companies in the 3TG and cobalt supply chains.
- Access to the Risk Readiness Assessment, a self-assessment tool to assess and communicate risk management practices and performance across 31 issue areas.
- Opportunity to shape industry response to minerals reporting requirements and other expectations from stakeholders.
- Access to insight, tips and a like-minded community of industry professionals and issue experts developing solutions by companies, for companies.
- Latest information about the developments on regional issues, various sourcing initiatives, regulatory schemes and more.
- Discounted attendance fee to the annual members meeting and conference.
- Facilitated engagement with stakeholder groups, including civil society organizations, socially responsible investor groups, governments and multilateral institutions to ensure your company has all the relevant perspectives as you make choices about your supply chain practices.
- Ability to contribute your perspectives to the development of new tools and resources from the RMI, such as white papers on responsibly sourced minerals due diligence and training on responsibly sourced minerals reporting.
Partner Member Rate: $7,500 per year
RMI engages with a variety of companies and their associations to collaborate on addressing shared challenges in responsible sourcing. RMI views our association members as valuable partners in promoting broad-based, multi-industry action to support responsible sourcing practices across supply chains. With support from a variety of industries, we can collectively promote ethical sourcing by increasing the effectiveness and impact of collaborative, cross-industry tools, platforms, and resources. Join the conversation by becoming a RMI Association Member! Association Membership is open to associations of companies that use or transact in raw materials. Associations are required to accept an Agreement on the Exchange of Confidential Information (AECI) upon the approval of their application form. Association Membership does not extend membership benefits to their own constituents. The RMI’s individual company membership rate ($7,500) applies to members of associations.
Association Member Benefits
- Ex-officio (non-voting) seat on the RMI Steering Committee - oversee the general management and direction of the RMI, including its goals and objectives; shape the development and oversight of the organization's strategic plan.
- Acknowledgement on RMI web site
- Work group access
- Event discounts—receive the member rate for conference registrations
- Member newsletter subscription
Association Member Rate: $10,000 per year
Association Partner Benefits
- Acknowledgement on RMI web site to publically indicate collaboration activities and alignment.
- Level and type of collaboration guided by tailored agreement between associations. Collaboration could include: coordination on events, sponsorships, and industry briefings, co-training opportunities, alignment of program services, etc.
- Association Partners may receive volume-based dues discounts for their members.
Association Partner Rate: No annual fee
RMI engages with a variety of organizations to discuss emerging issues, best practices and work on addressing shared challenges. RMI views our vendor members as valuable partners in promoting broad-based, multi-industry action to support responsible sourcing practices across supply chains. With support from a variety of companies, we can collectively promote ethical sourcing by increasing the effectiveness and impact of collaborative, cross-industry tools, platforms, and resources. Join the conversation by becoming a RMI Vendor Member!
Vendor Member Benefits
- Acknowledgement on RMI website. The RMI does not endorse or make any claims about the products or services of Vendor Members.
- Work group access. Engage with the CMRT Development Team, Smelter Engagement Team, Smelter Data Management Team, RMI Stakeholders Call, and RMI Plenary.
- Event discounts. Receive the member rate for conference registrations.
- Member newsletter subscription.
Vendor Member Requirements
- Intellectual Property Protection Agreement.
- Vendor members may not promote, sell, or otherwise advocate for company products or services on RMI work group calls or through RMI distributions lists.
Vendor Membership Rates
One full year of benefits:
- Individual consultants (single membership): $6,000
- Partners and firms (group membership): $10,000
One full year of benefits, plus an exhibit at the RMI Annual Conference:
- Individual consultants (single membership): $9,000
- Partners and firms (group membership): $13,000
One full year of benefits, an exhibit at the RMI Annual Conference, plus direct access to the RMI Smelter Database. The RMI's Smelter Database has information about thousands of companies in the 3TG and cobalt supply chains.
Ready to get involved?
If you have additional questions, please write to us. Thank you!