Why is a smelter / refiner that used to be on the conformant list no longer there?
Reasons why a previously conformant smelter is no longer on the conformant list may include:
- The last audit yielded a result of non-conformant to the RMAP audit standard
- The smelter / refiner is no longer participating in the RMAP
- The smelter / refiner is no longer operating as a “smelter” or “refiner” as defined by the RMI because their operations have changed
- The smelter / refiner is no longer in operation
- The smelter / refiner does not meet the requirements of the RMAP