To achieve the intended outcomes, the Auditee shall establish, implement, maintain, and continually improve a management system, including the processes needed and their interactions, in accordance with the requirements of the RMAP Standards. Specific criteria are in the standards. General criteria are as follows:
- Demonstration of management commitment via a strong responsible sourcing policy. The Auditee will have a documented, effective, and communicated responsible sourcing policy for procurement of 3TG containing materials. The policy will be integrated into company management processes.
- Development and implementation of processes and systems to demonstrate the ability to support responsible sourcing from conflict-affected and high-risk areas.
- Establishment of an internal material control mechanisms to demonstrate the ability to account for all inputs during the audit period. The Auditee will have a mechanism to document receipts and products sold and/or shipped, and a reconciliation process for receipts, inventories, losses, tolling and sales.
- Appropriate level of document collection and retention to support sourcing traceability and origin determination for all materials received.
The criteria will be evaluated through the examination and evaluation of at least the following:
- Processes and systems used for sourcing.
- Line Item Summary and mass balance analysis.
- Internal material control mechanisms.
- Materials within the audit scope.